Disclaimer & Site Policies

Background image of the theme of Paolo Fiore's Blog Spot

Hello! My name is Paolo Fiore and I am the owner and administrator of this website (i.e. "Paolo Fiore's Blog Spot", accessible at PaoloFiores.BlogSpot.com); a personal weblog about my interests and findings, my life experiences, and other random stuff. What you have reached here is the page of the Disclaimer and Site Policies. Yes, the legal bit. Please read the following disclaimer carefully before using this website.

General Disclaimer
This website and its contents are provided "AS IS" without warranty of any kind, either express or implied, including but not limited to, the implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, or non-infringement. The materials contained on this site are provided for general information and educational purposes only, and do not constitute legal or other professional advice on any subject matter. While the information contained within the site is periodically updated, this site does not represent an editorial head as it is updated without any regularity. Therefore, it cannot be considered an editorial product pursuant to Italian law No. 62 of 07/03/2001 and no guarantee is given that the information provided in this site is correct, complete, and/or up-to-date. Nothing in it should be taken too seriously, and nothing in it should be taken for granted without further own research. I do not accept any responsibility for any trouble or loss which may arise from reliance on information contained on this site.
I consider myself an honest person and I am trying to obey the law, even in cases where I think it is stupid. However, obeying the law on the Internet is not easy these days, and I cannot afford a lawyer. So if I infringe your rights in any way, I feel sorry for that, but there is no need to go to court. Simply sending me an email should be sufficient, no drama required. Also, if you notice any technical problem or want to suggest an improvement I can make to my site or to what I offer, please use the form at the Contact page. 

Copyright
The content and work on this site are created by me and are subject to general copyright law under international conventions. The reproduction, processing, distribution and any kind of exploitation outside the limits of fair use require the written consent of me. Downloads and copies of this website are allowed for private, non-commercial use only.
As far as the content on this site was not created by me, the copyrights of third parties are considered. In particular contents of third parties are marked as such. If you should still be aware of copyright infringement, I ask for a note. Upon notification of violations, I will remove such content as soon as possible.

Images
I do not claim any of the artworks on this site as my own, except for my own paintings and drawings and for the photos taken by myself; I will always try to state a source or give credit to the artist. If I have used your artwork and not credited you, please let me know and I will be happy to add a link and/or a short artist bio.
Images are chosen by me and are sourced from sites such as Photobucket, Unsplash, Pexels, and Pixabay. I occasionally use work from DeviantArt or Tumblr, and slideshows from YouTube or Vimeo, but will always credit. If I use work from any other sites such as commercial websites or photography websites I will also credit. I choose and use the images for purposes such as illustration and comment, or simply because I like them and would like to share them with my readers.
If you are a visual artist and would like me to feature your work, please get in touch. If you are the copyright owner and you wish me to remove your work, please contact me and I will remove it as soon as possible.

Music
I do not claim any of the musical works on this site as my own, except for my own compositions and productions; I will always try to state a source or give credit to the musician. If I have used your musical work and not credited you, please let me know and I will be happy to add a link and/or a short artist bio.
Music is chosen by me and is sourced from sites such as Jamendo, Free Music Archive, and NoCopyrightSounds. I occasionally use music from Soundcloud or Mixcloud, and videos from YouTube or Vimeo, but will always credit. If I use work from any other sites such as commercial websites or music websites I will also credit. I choose and use the music for purposes such as illustration and comment, or simply because I like them and would like to share them with my readers.
If you are a musician and would like me to feature your work, please get in touch. If you are the copyright owner and you wish me to remove your work, please contact me and I will remove it as soon as possible.

My Work
This site is my personal blog spot and as such is also part of an artwork. I am both the artist, the artwork and its subject. Everything I do is part of my artwork, which encompasses the whole of my life. This means that in certain cases incidents, characters and timelines may be embellished or changed for literary purposes. This also means that the personal information privacy law cannot be applied to anything I write on this blog, in my social media profiles or otherwise put on the net, because this is all part of an artistic/literary endeavor.
You are free to link, share or reference my work; unless you wish to copy a full post there is no need to ask for my permission. Please do not syndicate or reproduce my posts, in whole or in part, without crediting me and posting a link to this site! For people wanting to reproduce bits of this blog in print, please get in touch! Please do not syndicate or reproduce my music and artwork without crediting me and posting a link to this site! Please do not syndicate or reproduce my personal photos without my permission!
The content of this site is created by me with great care. However, whilst all work on my blog is heavily researched, all views expressed by this site are my own and do not represent the opinion of any entity whatsoever with which I am been, I am now, or I will be affiliated. Also, I can not assume any liability for the accuracy, completeness and timeliness of the content, and I can not be held responsible for your use of the information contained in or linked from this site. And, despite my current engagement with the University of Bologna and the Fondazione Golinelli, please note that all views expressed in this site are my own and do not necessarily reflect those of the University of Bologna and the Fondazione Golinelli. Lastly, some sentences or quotes in my blog may be sarcastic or tongue-in-cheek, and I am not to blame if you take them seriously!

Liability for Content
As a service provider, I am responsible for my own content on this site according to the general laws. However, I am not obliged to monitor transmitted or stored external information or to investigate circumstances that indicate illegal activity. Obligations to remove the content or block the use of information, if they are illegal, remain unaffected under general law. A liability in this regard, however, is only possible from the date of knowledge of a specific infringement. Upon notification of violations, I will remove such content as soon as possible. 

Liability for Links
My site contains links to external websites of third parties on whose contents I have no influence. Therefore, I can not assume any liability for these external contents. The respective provider or author of the pages is always responsible for the contents of the linked pages. The linked pages were checked for possible legal violations at the time of linking. Illegal content was not recognizable at the time of linking. However, permanent content control of the linked pages is not reasonable without concrete evidence of an infringement. Upon notification of violations, I will remove such links as soon as possible.

Disclosure of Affiliations
This site contains advertising and some contextual affiliate marketing links (for example Google AdSense, Amazon.com, iTunes Store, etc.) for which I may be paid in the form of commissions or fees, for referrals or for sales of products and/or services written about. That means that, should you choose to buy a product or service following one of those links, I will receive a commission from the product creators. It doesn’t cost you a dime, but the compensation I receive from these sources helps me defray the operational and management cost for operating this website and to continue offering all content at my blog spot 100% free. (Note: The content of posts on my blog is never influenced by advertisers or an affiliate partnership, nor there are posts written for the sole purpose of promoting a product.)

Data Protection
The use of this site is usually possible without providing personal information. As far as personal data (for example name or email address) are raised on my site, this takes place on a voluntary basis. These data will never sell, rent or give away to any third party without your explicit consent. Please note that data transmission over the Internet (for example, when communicating via email) may have security vulnerabilities. Complete protection of the data from access by third parties is not possible.
The use of my contact data published in the site for sending unsolicited advertising and information materials is hereby expressly excluded. I expressly reserve the right to take legal action in the event of the unsolicited sending of advertising information, such as spam emails.

Comments
The comment mechanism on my blog uses Disqus. The comments are hosted on Disqus and loaded from there, without my direct influence. Per default, comments are not shown, such that no external content from Disqus is loaded. As soon as you click on the comment links, however, the content is loaded, and at this point, Disqus can set cookies, track you, and might even show ads.
Regarding comment policy, I make a sincere effort to be respectful, kind and transparent on my blog, and ask the same respect from you. For this reason, rude, offensive, or harmful comments will not be tolerated. You are welcome to disagree, just do it nicely. Please leave your email address (or your IM contact) if you want a personal response. 

Language
Despite the fact I am Italian, this is an English-speaking website. If you want to comment publicly in a language other than English as well, please always accompany your post with a complete English translation. Don't worry if your English isn't perfect (not even mine is that good!), your thoughts are what really matter.

Guest Posts
Generally, I will not use guest posts on this blog because it is my blog—in case you haven't noticed, I'm very territorial! However, if you are an established scholar or blogger and have something you think I would dig, please do get in touch anyway as I am always happy to check out samples of your writing. Your work remains your own and, in case of use, full credit will be given. In any case, no guest writer will be given access to my Blogger account.

Reviews
I am happy to review relevant products and samples from companies or from individuals (e.g. books, records, artworks, tech stuff, etc.). Although, if I have suspicions about you being a 'reputable' or genuine company I will not review your merch, as I will not feel comfortable giving you an address to receive the product. Please note that a free sample does not guarantee a favorable review.

Contact
For more information and business inquiries, please contact me on Skype (live:ThisIsPaoloFiore) or send me an email (PaoloFiore at Mail dotcom). Feel free to write in your choice of English or Italian. I apologize in advance that I can’t respond immediately to all messages due to the volume of messages I receive. To make sure your email would pass through my spam filters and be duly noticed, please use a clear subject and include my full name (not just the email address) in the "To:" field.

Donate
Donations to support my work here and on my social profiles gratefully accepted! You can support me through my Ko-fi page or via PayPal. I'm also on Patreon, if you want to support my art. Thank you so much to those who have already given!

Join the Blue Ribbon Online Free Speech CampaignIMPORTANT: THIS BLOG ADHERES TO THE SLOW BLOG MOVEMENT AND SUPPORTS THE BLUE RIBBON ONLINE FREE SPEECH CAMPAIGN.

0 Comments

Newest